The Kroger Company is the largest supermarket chain in North America based on the amount of revenue it generates.With 2,778 retail stores in 35 states and the District of Columbia and over 431,000 associates, it’s also the 23rd largest US-based company in existence. Therefore, we will discuss the Kroger job application process in this article.
In addition to providing you with useful information about job openings and requirements, we will also go through some details about duties, working hours, salaries, and other benefits.
Kroger General Career Info
The company features a wide range of jobs on its official website. In addition to Clinical, Corporate, and Hourly positions, there is also Technology, Logistics and Distribution, Manufacturing, Pharmacy, and Store Management Jobs. College internship opportunities are also available at many locations nationwide.
The duration of the program depends largely on the position and location. In addition, it comes with a list of requirements including specifics to the job description. Students wanting to learn more about internships with The Kroger Co. need to visit jobs.kroger.com. After searching for an internship in their location, facility, and department of choice, they can browse through plenty of projects.
Kroger Job Application Guide
In order to be considered after a Kroger job application, candidates must follow a list of directions. This helps determine eligibility and prepare them for the application process. If you want to know how to apply for an open position within the company, here is what you need to do step-by-step:
- Visit the official Kroger careers website jobs.kroger.com and put in your physical location or postal code. This will show you what jobs are available in your area. To narrow down the search, you can add additional information to filter. For example, you can search for Title, Facility, and Department, too.
- Pick the opportunities that best match your resume and experience. Look for jobs that are within driving distance of you (unless you want to relocate), and make sure that the titles are ones that you’ve held before or feel qualified to hold. You can double check this later by reading the job requirements of the positions you’re interested in. There, you’ll see a bullet list of traits that the company wants its candidates to have. You’ll also see educational and experience requirements for the positions that you have chosen.
- Click on Apply to get to the Kroger job application page. You’ll see the list of positions after completing the search option. To access the Kroger job application page, you’ll need to click on the position you want to apply for. In the top right-hand corner, there is a blue button that reads “Apply now.” with a pop-up box prompting you to enter your email address so you can start the application. Once you’ve entered your email addressed and hit enter, you’ll be taken to the Kroger job application form to fill it out.
- Complete the Kroger job application form. Go through it slowly and carefully so you don’t omit information that you need to include in your application. It’s also a good idea to double check your answers for spelling and grammatical errors, as well as typos.
- Review the benefits offered by the company. Take a look at what the company has to offer in terms of benefits. Called Total Rewards, the company offers more than a paycheck. It also gives its employees access to medical plans and retirement options, product discounts, and health and wellness programs. There is also tuition assistance and college scholarships, too.
Kroger Job Openings
Some of Kroger’s job openings include Store Manager, Customer Service Booth Manager, Jewelry Assistant Manager, MD1 Trainee, and Assistant Store Manager Trainee. All of these positions are store-based and span from one coast to the next.
The role of a Store Manager is to create an exceptional customer experience day after day.
- Store operations and the actions that come with ensuring that it meets sales and profit objectives.
- Leading employees by being an exemplary employee who sets the bar high with his or her actions.
- Plans to meet and exceed sales and profit objectives.
- Oversees store operations by using programs put in place by the division.
- Makes sure that store facilities and equipment are in working order.
- Communicates effectively with every team member.
- Recruits, interviews and employees candidates.
- Carries out customer satisfaction.
- Maintains appearance on the store by keeping shopping conditions favorable at all times.
- Directs efforts of team members directly and indirectly.
- Performs team member duties whenever needed.
- Can perform the tasks assigned to him or her without needing accommodations.
Store Managers must be able to demonstrate Leadership Behaviors. Some examples of these behaviors according to Jobs.Kroger.com include:
- Achieving results through teamwork.
- Coaching and developing others.
- Communicating effectively and candidly with others.
- Executes excellently.
- Leads other through change and innovation.
- Leads positively and through influence.
- Providing clear and strategic direction.
- Putting the customer first always.
The requirements for the position include a college degree (preferably a Bachelor’s or higher), a driver’s license, strong customer service skills, leadership experience, and the desire to coach and develop team members. Availability to travel is also a must for managers, who may be asked to commute to different stores and meetings up to 75% of the time on duty.
Working Hours & Salary Information
Managers may be required to work any hours the store is open as well as before and after it closes for the day. Pay offers include salaries, benefits, and bonuses as well as the opportunity for advancement. Storewide and nationwide recognition is also an option for employees that work as Store Managers.
Customer Service Booth Manager
The Customer Service Booth Manager is responsible for the Front-end of the store, its maintenance, performance, and also practices.
- Creating a customer-friendly environment that accommodates their needs and provides them with the products and services that they need while shopping at Kroger.
- Staying up-to-date on current and past sales promotions and advertisements.
- Knowledge of products in each department so that recommendations can be made and questions answered when asked by customers.
- Managing cash control and financial records for the store.
- Monitoring and controlling supply expenses for each department.
- Keeping scheduled shifts filled with employees.
- Reporting safety issues, security problems, and illegal activity to the proper authorities.
The minimum qualifications for the role of a Customer Service Booth includes being 18 years of age or older, having prior retail or customer service experience, and knowledge of basic math (counting, addition, and subtraction). The ideal candidate also displays excellent communication skills, and the ability to meet the physical demands of the position.
Working Hours & Salary Information
A Customer Service Booth Manager is required to work any hours and days that the customer service booth is open. The position may be full-time or part-time depending on each store’s needs. Candidates can also negotiate their hours and benefits at the time of the job offer. For example, some of the most popular benefits include medical insurance, paid time off, and health incentives like complimentary fitness trackers.
Jewelry Assistant Manager
The Jewelry Assistant Manager is responsible for helping the Jewelry Manager run the department, meet sales and department goals, as well as serve as a mentor to other employees.
A Jewelry Assistant Manager has many responsibilities including:
- Putting the customer first.
- Helping the Store Manager locate and secure talent.
- Display merchandise as well as promotional materials.
- Replace watch batteries and bands.
- Make suggestions on custom jewelry designs as well as treat the customers with honesty and respect.
- Assist with paperwork and payroll.
- Schedule staff whenever necessary.
- 18 years of age;
- hold a high school diploma or GED;
- pass a drug test;
- travel independently;
- maintain confidentiality;
- organize and prioritize tasks;
- hold a valid driver’s license;
- complete Diamond Council of America (DCA) courses within a year of taking the position.
Working Hours & Salary Information
Jewelry Assistant Managers must be able to work holidays and weekends, and in some cases overtime as well. Employees are either hourly or salary. In addition, they are offered a number of benefits based on the hours that they work. Medical insurance paid time off, and health incentives such as fitness programs are among the benefits offered by The Kroger Co.
If you are interested in a position with Kroger, you can also read our short guide to the most common Kroger job interview questions & answers.
Kroger Company Hours
The company’s hours of operation are 6 AM to 11 PM. Pharmacy hours, however, vary by location. Sunday hours are often shorter for the pharmacy.
Kroger Company Contact Details
To learn more about The Kroger Co., visit www.thekrogerco.com. You may also reach out to the company through social media websites, Facebook and Twitter. If you’d rather have direct contact with corporate headquarters, you can write Human Resources at:
The Kroger Co.
1014 Vine Street
Cincinnati, Ohio 45202-1100
You can also receive additional information by filling out the Contact Us form. You can also reach the company’s call center Monday-Friday from 8 am to 9 pm EST by calling 1-866-221-4141.